China plane lands after bomb threat
Beijing: A Chinese airplane was forced to
make an emergency landing on Thursday after a woman passenger
claimed there was a bomb aboard, the state media reported.
The flight, headed for Urumqi, capital of northwest
China`s Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, was forced to land
at Jiayuguan Airport in Gansu province, Xinhua news agency
reported from Lanzhou, the provincial capital.
The flight was heading for Urumqi after taking off from
Beijing`s Nanyuan Airport, it quoted a police official as
"A woman passenger claimed that there was a bomb inside
the plane, threatening to blow off the aircraft," said Chang
Shouyuan, head of the municipal Public Security Bureau of
Local police have detained the woman passenger after the
forced landing and are searching the plane for explosives.
The passenger`s name and ethnicity were not immediately
known. The affected airline and the number of passengers on
the flight were also not disclosed.
The restive Xinjiang region is home to a mainly Uygur
Muslims, who are against Chinese rule.
In August 2009, a flight to Urumqi was forced to return
to Afghanistan following a bomb threat. It came a month after
bloody ethnic riots in Urumqi killed nearly 200 people and
injured around 1,700.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan