China police seize 19,000 guns ahead of anniversary: Report
Beijing: Chinese police have confiscated
19,000 guns and 500 tonnes of explosives in a crackdown on
illegal firearms ahead of the nation`s 60th anniversary of
communist rule, state media said on Monday.
Over 5,200 suspects have been arrested in connection with
the crackdown that began in March and will continue up to
China`s October 1 National Day celebration, the official
news agency said.
Police also confiscated 1.47 million detonators, 800,000
bullets and 39,000 imitation guns, the report, citing police
Possession of guns is illegal in China, as is the sale
and manufacture of imitation firearms, it said.
China will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding
of the People`s Republic of China on October 1, when the
communists came to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown