China police seize 19,000 guns ahead of anniversary: Report
Beijing: Chinese police have confiscated
19,000 guns and 500 tonnes of explosives in a crackdown on
illegal firearms ahead of the nation`s 60th anniversary of
communist rule, state media said on Monday.
Over 5,200 suspects have been arrested in connection with
the crackdown that began in March and will continue up to
China`s October 1 National Day celebration, the official
news agency said.
Police also confiscated 1.47 million detonators, 800,000
bullets and 39,000 imitation guns, the report, citing police
Possession of guns is illegal in China, as is the sale
and manufacture of imitation firearms, it said.
China will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding
of the People`s Republic of China on October 1, when the
communists came to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH