China praises Zardari`s India visit
Beijing: China on Sunday lauded Pakistan
President Asif Ali Zardari`s visit to India, saying better
ties between the two nuclear-armed neighbours will benefit
both countries and bring regional stability which is vital for
China`s own modernisation drive.
"Better ties between Pakistan and India, two nuclear-
armed heavyweight neighbours on the South Asian subcontinent,
will benefit both countries and regional stability," a
commentary by state-run Xinhua news agency said.
"The two countries` efforts in warming up their ties
certainly are welcomed and applauded by the international
community including China, which neighbours both nations and
maintains significant ties with them," it said.
Noting that Pakistan`s decision to phase out major
restrictions on Indian imports by the end of the year, it said
"better bilateral ties will undoubtedly boost their economies
and may help bring down their defence expenditures, bringing
tangible benefits to the two countries and peoples".
China and Pakistan have been all-weather friends over the
past decades, while both China and India have been members of
BRICS, a bloc of five major emerging economies that also
includes Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
"China wants to further boost ties with both countries,
and is happy to witness continuous improvement of the
Pakistan-India ties," it said.
"Peaceful coexistence between the two countries, which
fought three wars after their independence from the British
rule in 1947 and engaged in a tit-for-tat nuclear test race in
1998, is indispensable for regional stability, which is vital
for regional prosperity and China`s modernisation drive," the
news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues