China purchases ‘fighter jets, submarines from Russia’
London: China has reportedly agreed to purchase 24 fighter jets and four submarines from Russia.
According to China’s state-run media, this is the first time in a decade that China has made a large-scale military purchase from Russia.
Two of the submarines will be built in Russia and two in China.
The deal, signed just before last weekend`s visit to Moscow by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping, comes as both sides increase military co-operation, the BBC reports.
According to a report by Communist Party organ the People``s Daily and China Central Television (CCTV), China is buying 24 Su-35 fighters and four Lada-class submarines.
Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Moscow from Friday to Sunday for talks with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin.
The two countries are also pursuing a number of deals for Russia to supply Chinese industry with oil and liquefied natural gas, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000