China purchases ‘fighter jets, submarines from Russia’
London: China has reportedly agreed to purchase 24 fighter jets and four submarines from Russia.
According to China’s state-run media, this is the first time in a decade that China has made a large-scale military purchase from Russia.
Two of the submarines will be built in Russia and two in China.
The deal, signed just before last weekend`s visit to Moscow by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping, comes as both sides increase military co-operation, the BBC reports.
According to a report by Communist Party organ the People``s Daily and China Central Television (CCTV), China is buying 24 Su-35 fighters and four Lada-class submarines.
Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Moscow from Friday to Sunday for talks with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin.
The two countries are also pursuing a number of deals for Russia to supply Chinese industry with oil and liquefied natural gas, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what