China pursues peaceful development: Minister
Beijing: China will firmly pursue a path of peaceful development and enhance military cooperation with foreign countries, Minister of Defence Chang Wanquan said on Wednesday.
China will unremittingly follow the national defence policy that is defensive in nature, strengthen military cooperation and mutual trust with other countries, Xinhua quoted him as saying.
The minister also said that China would take part in regional and international security affairs and play a positive role in international politics and security, Chang said.
The minister`s remarks came at a reception held at the Great Hall of the People in downtown Beijing to celebrate the 86th anniversary of the establishment of the People`s Liberation Army.
Chang is also a member of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the Communist Party of China and a state councillor.
The principal body of China`s armed forces, the PLA encompasses the Army, the Navy, the Air Force and the Second Artillery Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders ''seemingly'' agree to a debate
- Taiwan angry over `emotional` female president comments