China pursues peaceful development: Minister
Beijing: China will firmly pursue a path of peaceful development and enhance military cooperation with foreign countries, Minister of Defence Chang Wanquan said on Wednesday.
China will unremittingly follow the national defence policy that is defensive in nature, strengthen military cooperation and mutual trust with other countries, Xinhua quoted him as saying.
The minister also said that China would take part in regional and international security affairs and play a positive role in international politics and security, Chang said.
The minister`s remarks came at a reception held at the Great Hall of the People in downtown Beijing to celebrate the 86th anniversary of the establishment of the People`s Liberation Army.
Chang is also a member of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the Communist Party of China and a state councillor.
The principal body of China`s armed forces, the PLA encompasses the Army, the Navy, the Air Force and the Second Artillery Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!