China puts history of communist party online
Beijing: Chinese websites and news portals have begun running a special column describing major events in the history of the Communist Party of China (CPC) as part of the 90th anniversary celebrations of the ruling party.
"Today in Party`s history", showing the party`s milestone events in a calendar format, was compiled by the Party History Research Centre and appear on the CPC news network, cpc.people.com.cn, and other websites such as sina.com.cn and xinhuanet.com, Xinhua reported.
China will celebrate the 90th anniversary of the founding of the CPC "merrily" and "economically" this year, according to Wang Chen, director of the Information Office of the State Council.
The anniversary will be a major event in China`s political life in 2011, Wang said, adding that details of the celebrations would be revealed at an "appropriate" date.
The CPC was founded in July 1921, when 12 delegates, including late Chairman Mao Zedong, held the Party`s first national congress in Shanghai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test