China puts history of communist party online
Beijing: Chinese websites and news portals have begun running a special column describing major events in the history of the Communist Party of China (CPC) as part of the 90th anniversary celebrations of the ruling party.
"Today in Party`s history", showing the party`s milestone events in a calendar format, was compiled by the Party History Research Centre and appear on the CPC news network, cpc.people.com.cn, and other websites such as sina.com.cn and xinhuanet.com, Xinhua reported.
China will celebrate the 90th anniversary of the founding of the CPC "merrily" and "economically" this year, according to Wang Chen, director of the Information Office of the State Council.
The anniversary will be a major event in China`s political life in 2011, Wang said, adding that details of the celebrations would be revealed at an "appropriate" date.
The CPC was founded in July 1921, when 12 delegates, including late Chairman Mao Zedong, held the Party`s first national congress in Shanghai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III