China puts history of communist party online
Beijing: Chinese websites and news portals have begun running a special column describing major events in the history of the Communist Party of China (CPC) as part of the 90th anniversary celebrations of the ruling party.
"Today in Party`s history", showing the party`s milestone events in a calendar format, was compiled by the Party History Research Centre and appear on the CPC news network, cpc.people.com.cn, and other websites such as sina.com.cn and xinhuanet.com, Xinhua reported.
China will celebrate the 90th anniversary of the founding of the CPC "merrily" and "economically" this year, according to Wang Chen, director of the Information Office of the State Council.
The anniversary will be a major event in China`s political life in 2011, Wang said, adding that details of the celebrations would be revealed at an "appropriate" date.
The CPC was founded in July 1921, when 12 delegates, including late Chairman Mao Zedong, held the Party`s first national congress in Shanghai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA