China quake leaves 188 dead, 25 missing
Beijing: A strong quake in southwest China`s Sichuan province has left 188 people dead and 25 missing as of Monday, authorities said.
Altogether 11,950 people were injured and more than 1.72 million people were affected by the deadly quake, reported Xinhua citing the Ministry of Civil Affairs.
A total of 2,044 aftershocks have been monitored in China`s quake-hit Lushan county till Monday, authorities said.
Four of the aftershocks measured 5.0-5.9 magnitude, reported Xinhua citing the China Earthquake Administration.
A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county, southwest China`s Sichuan province, at 8.02 am Saturday, leaving at least 186 people dead and 11,393 injured, according to latest statistics from the provincial emergency response command center.
Lushan is about 200 km from the epicenter of the massive Wenchuan earthquake five years ago that left 87,000 dead or missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader