China quake leaves 188 dead, 25 missing
Beijing: A strong quake in southwest China`s Sichuan province has left 188 people dead and 25 missing as of Monday, authorities said.
Altogether 11,950 people were injured and more than 1.72 million people were affected by the deadly quake, reported Xinhua citing the Ministry of Civil Affairs.
A total of 2,044 aftershocks have been monitored in China`s quake-hit Lushan county till Monday, authorities said.
Four of the aftershocks measured 5.0-5.9 magnitude, reported Xinhua citing the China Earthquake Administration.
A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county, southwest China`s Sichuan province, at 8.02 am Saturday, leaving at least 186 people dead and 11,393 injured, according to latest statistics from the provincial emergency response command center.
Lushan is about 200 km from the epicenter of the massive Wenchuan earthquake five years ago that left 87,000 dead or missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal