China quake: Sichuan-based nuclear facilities safe
Beijing: Sichuan-based nuclear power facilities are safe and no abnormalities have been detected in environmental radiation monitoring following the 7.0-magnitude quake, Chinese authorities said Saturday.
According to the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP), it has sent a team to the epicentre to direct works of screening environmental hazards and emergency monitoring after the quake hit Ya`an in the quake-hit province Saturday, Xinhua reported.
It said local drinking water had not been contaminated so far and there were no chemical plants or other environmentally hazardous facilities in Lushan county of Ya`an.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi