China quake: Sichuan-based nuclear facilities safe
Beijing: Sichuan-based nuclear power facilities are safe and no abnormalities have been detected in environmental radiation monitoring following the 7.0-magnitude quake, Chinese authorities said Saturday.
According to the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP), it has sent a team to the epicentre to direct works of screening environmental hazards and emergency monitoring after the quake hit Ya`an in the quake-hit province Saturday, Xinhua reported.
It said local drinking water had not been contaminated so far and there were no chemical plants or other environmentally hazardous facilities in Lushan county of Ya`an.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler