China quake toll rises to 193
Beijing: The toll in the massive quake that shook China has now risen to 193, said authorities.
The 7.0-magnitude earthquake that hit Lushan, Sichuan province, Saturday left 193 dead, 25 missing and 12,211 injured as of Tuesday, reported Xinhua citing the ministry of civil affairs.
Also, the quake has impacted at least 1.99 million people in Sichuan. The city of Ya`an alone reported 173 deaths.
The 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county, southwest China`s Sichuan province, at 8.02 a.m. Saturday.
Lushan is about 200 km from the epicenter of the massive Wenchuan earthquake five years ago that left 87,000 dead or missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination