China quake toll rises to 193
Beijing: The toll in the massive quake that shook China has now risen to 193, said authorities.
The 7.0-magnitude earthquake that hit Lushan, Sichuan province, Saturday left 193 dead, 25 missing and 12,211 injured as of Tuesday, reported Xinhua citing the ministry of civil affairs.
Also, the quake has impacted at least 1.99 million people in Sichuan. The city of Ya`an alone reported 173 deaths.
The 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county, southwest China`s Sichuan province, at 8.02 a.m. Saturday.
Lushan is about 200 km from the epicenter of the massive Wenchuan earthquake five years ago that left 87,000 dead or missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users