China reacts to US` missile defence shield plans
Beijing: China on Tuesday reacted cautiously to
reports that the US is planning to build defence shields
against ballistic missiles in Asia and the Middle East, saying
that it believes in achieving universal security through
political and diplomatic means.
Media reports quoting a senior Pentagon official, said
that the US is looking to build the shields against ballistic
missiles akin to an European defence system to protect against
states like Iran and the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea
"The Chinese side has taken note of the reports," Chinese
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a regular news
"We always believe that every country should address
anti-missile issues in a cautious way, with a view of
maintaining global strategic stability and enhancing strategic
mutual trust, and achieve universal security through political
and diplomatic means," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title