China reacts to US` missile defence shield plans
Beijing: China on Tuesday reacted cautiously to
reports that the US is planning to build defence shields
against ballistic missiles in Asia and the Middle East, saying
that it believes in achieving universal security through
political and diplomatic means.
Media reports quoting a senior Pentagon official, said
that the US is looking to build the shields against ballistic
missiles akin to an European defence system to protect against
states like Iran and the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea
"The Chinese side has taken note of the reports," Chinese
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a regular news
"We always believe that every country should address
anti-missile issues in a cautious way, with a view of
maintaining global strategic stability and enhancing strategic
mutual trust, and achieve universal security through political
and diplomatic means," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley