‘China ready to work with new NKorean leadership’
Beijing: China is ready to work with the new leadership of North Korea’s ruling Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) to promote bilateral ties, a senior Communist Party of China (CPC) official has said.
Liu Yunshan, member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, made the remarks when holding talks with a visiting WPK delegation.
The delegation is headed by Choe Thae Bok, member of both the political bureau and the secretariat of the WPK Central Committee.
Yunshan also extended warm congratulations on the successful convening of the WPK Conference, which reelected Kim Jong-il as the WPK General Secretary.
“The CPC and the Chinese government unswervingly follows the principle of constantly reinforcing and promoting the China-DPRK friendship of cooperation,” Xinhua news agency quoted Yunshan, as saying.
“China is willing to work with the new WPK leadership to develop bilateral ties, realize more benefits for the two peoples and more contributions to lasting regional peace and common prosperity,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand