‘China ready to work with new NKorean leadership’
Beijing: China is ready to work with the new leadership of North Korea’s ruling Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) to promote bilateral ties, a senior Communist Party of China (CPC) official has said.
Liu Yunshan, member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, made the remarks when holding talks with a visiting WPK delegation.
The delegation is headed by Choe Thae Bok, member of both the political bureau and the secretariat of the WPK Central Committee.
Yunshan also extended warm congratulations on the successful convening of the WPK Conference, which reelected Kim Jong-il as the WPK General Secretary.
“The CPC and the Chinese government unswervingly follows the principle of constantly reinforcing and promoting the China-DPRK friendship of cooperation,” Xinhua news agency quoted Yunshan, as saying.
“China is willing to work with the new WPK leadership to develop bilateral ties, realize more benefits for the two peoples and more contributions to lasting regional peace and common prosperity,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday