‘China ready to work with new NKorean leadership’
Beijing: China is ready to work with the new leadership of North Korea’s ruling Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) to promote bilateral ties, a senior Communist Party of China (CPC) official has said.
Liu Yunshan, member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, made the remarks when holding talks with a visiting WPK delegation.
The delegation is headed by Choe Thae Bok, member of both the political bureau and the secretariat of the WPK Central Committee.
Yunshan also extended warm congratulations on the successful convening of the WPK Conference, which reelected Kim Jong-il as the WPK General Secretary.
“The CPC and the Chinese government unswervingly follows the principle of constantly reinforcing and promoting the China-DPRK friendship of cooperation,” Xinhua news agency quoted Yunshan, as saying.
“China is willing to work with the new WPK leadership to develop bilateral ties, realize more benefits for the two peoples and more contributions to lasting regional peace and common prosperity,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers