China reaffirms denuclearisation on Korean Peninsula
Beijing: President Xi Jinping on Friday reaffirmed China`s stance of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula while stressing that targets should be met by all parties involved irrespective of how the situation evolved.
During his meeting with Choe Ryong Hae, the special envoy of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Xi stressed that denuclearisation and long-lasting peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula were common aspirations shared by all people in the region, Xinhua reported.
"China has a very clear position concerning the issue that all the parties involved should stick to the objective of denuclearisation, safeguard the peace and stability on the peninsula, and resolve disputes through dialogue and consultation," the Chinese President said.
Choe arrived in Beijing on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown