China refutes assertion of copycat jet technology
Beijing: China has refuted allegations that its new jet fighter, J-15 which successfully landed on its first aircraft carrier was a copy cat technology of foreign origin.
China sticks to independent innovation and has the capacity to build and develop its own aircraft carrier, Chinese Defence Ministry Spokesman Geng Yansheng said in response to a question at a press conference for the local media here today.
While some reports said the jet resembled Russia`s Su-33, others said it looked similar to US planes of its type.
Geng said the laws for military development are objective.
The principles of building some items of military equipment are the same, while the command and safeguard methods are similar.
"The assertion of China copying a foreign country`s aircraft carrier technologies is unprofessional, if not an intentional attack," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted him as saying.
China successfully conducted its first landing of a jet on an aircraft carrier on November 24.
A very transparent attitude was taken amid the landing exercises, said Geng, adding that China released the news in a timely manner.
News reports about the exercises through radio, TV, newspaper and Internet are abundant.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference