China refutes assertion of copycat jet technology
Beijing: China has refuted allegations that its new jet fighter, J-15 which successfully landed on its first aircraft carrier was a copy cat technology of foreign origin.
China sticks to independent innovation and has the capacity to build and develop its own aircraft carrier, Chinese Defence Ministry Spokesman Geng Yansheng said in response to a question at a press conference for the local media here today.
While some reports said the jet resembled Russia`s Su-33, others said it looked similar to US planes of its type.
Geng said the laws for military development are objective.
The principles of building some items of military equipment are the same, while the command and safeguard methods are similar.
"The assertion of China copying a foreign country`s aircraft carrier technologies is unprofessional, if not an intentional attack," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted him as saying.
China successfully conducted its first landing of a jet on an aircraft carrier on November 24.
A very transparent attitude was taken amid the landing exercises, said Geng, adding that China released the news in a timely manner.
News reports about the exercises through radio, TV, newspaper and Internet are abundant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened