China refutes assertion of copycat jet technology
Beijing: China has refuted allegations that its new jet fighter, J-15 which successfully landed on its first aircraft carrier was a copy cat technology of foreign origin.
China sticks to independent innovation and has the capacity to build and develop its own aircraft carrier, Chinese Defence Ministry Spokesman Geng Yansheng said in response to a question at a press conference for the local media here today.
While some reports said the jet resembled Russia`s Su-33, others said it looked similar to US planes of its type.
Geng said the laws for military development are objective.
The principles of building some items of military equipment are the same, while the command and safeguard methods are similar.
"The assertion of China copying a foreign country`s aircraft carrier technologies is unprofessional, if not an intentional attack," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted him as saying.
China successfully conducted its first landing of a jet on an aircraft carrier on November 24.
A very transparent attitude was taken amid the landing exercises, said Geng, adding that China released the news in a timely manner.
News reports about the exercises through radio, TV, newspaper and Internet are abundant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy