China reiterates support for UN envoy`s Syria mediation
Beijing: China will support impartial mediation by UN-Arab League special envoy Lakhdar Brahimi in order to address the Syrian conflict, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Thursday.
Spokesman Hong Lei made the remarks at a daily news briefing in response to media reports stating that Russian and US diplomats will discuss the Syrian crisis with Brahimi in Geneva later this week.
“China supports any efforts that will expedite the process of resolving the Syrian conflict politically, as well as supports the impartial mediation of UN- Arab League Special Envoy Brahimi," said the spokesman.
Hong urged all concerned parties to fulfil the consensus reached by the international community, including the Action Group Geneva Communiqué, in order to seek a fair, peaceful and appropriate solution to the Syrian conflict.
The Geneva Communiqué, which was endorsed by the Action Group on Syria on June 30 last year, envisages a Syrian-led transition, including the formation of a transitional government in Syria that will feature representatives of both the government and its opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police