China reiterates support for UN envoy`s Syria mediation
Beijing: China will support impartial mediation by UN-Arab League special envoy Lakhdar Brahimi in order to address the Syrian conflict, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Thursday.
Spokesman Hong Lei made the remarks at a daily news briefing in response to media reports stating that Russian and US diplomats will discuss the Syrian crisis with Brahimi in Geneva later this week.
“China supports any efforts that will expedite the process of resolving the Syrian conflict politically, as well as supports the impartial mediation of UN- Arab League Special Envoy Brahimi," said the spokesman.
Hong urged all concerned parties to fulfil the consensus reached by the international community, including the Action Group Geneva Communiqué, in order to seek a fair, peaceful and appropriate solution to the Syrian conflict.
The Geneva Communiqué, which was endorsed by the Action Group on Syria on June 30 last year, envisages a Syrian-led transition, including the formation of a transitional government in Syria that will feature representatives of both the government and its opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money
- Bihar Board class 10th results: More than 50 percent students fail in exams - Is this the reason?