China, Russia to hold second military exercises this month
Beijing: China and Russia will hold their second joint military exercises this month, barely weeks after their biggest naval drills, signifying close relations between the neighbours.
Russian and Chinese militaries have completed the planning work for the "Peace mission 2013" joint military exercise to be held from July 27 to August 15, 2013, state-run People`s Daily Online reported.
A working group from the Joint Strategic Command formed by personnel from both the CMD of Russia and the Shenyang Military Area Command (MAC) of the Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) will soon complete the planning work for the "Peace mission 2013" joint anti-terrorism commanders-and-headquarters exercise, it said.
More than 1,500 Russian and Chinese officers and men will participate in the exercise, it quoted Russian media reports as saying.
The main purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the capability of jointly preparing for and launching military operations by both leading organs and troops from the Chinese and Russian militaries during the joint anti-terrorism operations.
The exercise will be carried out in three phases, namely redeploying troops, planning operations and launching joint military operations, the Daily report said.
A joint command consisting of 60 officers from the Shenyang MAC of the Chinese PLA and the Russia`s CMD will be established.
A joint air group consisting of various bombers and helicopters from the air force and air defence force of Russia as well as the air force of the Chinese PLA will provide support for the ground troops of the exercise.
The two militaries held largest-ever joint naval drills early this month in the Sea of Japan.
Eighteen surface ships, one submarine, three airplanes, five ship-launched helicopters and two commando units took part in the "Joint Sea-2013" exercise which covered anti-submarine warfare, close maneuvering, and the simulated take-over of an enemy ship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption