China says has 21 satellites looking for missing Malaysian jet
Beijing: China said on Tuesday that it has deployed 21 satellites to search for the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the comments at a daily news briefing.
China has begun searching for the missing jet in those parts of its own territory covered by a northern corridor that the aircraft could have flown through, state media said earlier in the day.
No trace of the plane has been found more than a week after it vanished, but investigators believe it was diverted by someone with deep knowledge of the plane and commercial navigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi
- HC junks Vodafone plea against IT demand of over Rs 7.5 crore
- Maruti Vitara Brezza receives over 1 lakh bookings
- Boman Irani was 'professional' with son Kayoze on '...Michael Mishra' set