China seeks reconstruction role in Libya
Beijing: China has sent a team of government officials and company executives to Libya to discuss post-war reconstruction and how to protect Chinese assets, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Sunday.
The team, led by Wang Shenyang, head of the foreign investment and economic cooperation department of the Ministry of Commerce, will assess damage to Chinese assets in Libya and talk with Libyan officials about uncompleted projects, Xinhua said.
Representatives of Chinese companies involved in the projects, mainly construction, railways and dams, power and telecommunications, were in the team which will visit until Wednesday, it added.
Executives included those from China State Construction Engineering Corp, China Gezhouba Group Corp, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, China`s biggest telecoms equipment manufacturer, and ZTE Corp.
China, which has said its companies suffered severe economic losses as a result of the civil war in Libya, has become increasingly concerned about the safety of its personnel and property overseas after dozens of its workers were kidnapped in Sudan and Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof