China seeks strategic partnership with Myanmar
Beijing: China wants to strengthen its strategic partnership with Myanmar, Vice Premier Li Keqiang said on Wednesday.
Li was speaking to visiting Myanmar Foreign Minister U Wunna Maung Lwin here.
"Amid complex and profound changes in the regional and global situation, it is of vital importance to further consolidate and enhance China-Myanmar relations," Li said.
China would like to work closely with Myanmar to maintain relations and take a long-term perspective to develop bilateral ties based on the fundamental interests of both sides, Xinhua quoted him as saying.
The Myanmarese leader, on official visit June 9-14, said his government highly values its relations with China and will facilitate major projects between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday