China seeks to boost cooperation with Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan: Chinese Premier Li Keqiang pledged on Thursday to boost strategic cooperation and deepen friendship between China and Brunei.
China and Brunei, both at a critical stage of development, have huge potential for cooperation, Li said at a welcome banquet hosted by Bruneian Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, Xinhua reported.
Li said his country stands ready to keep close contacts and join hands with Brunei to promote prosperity, stability and development of the two countries and the region at large.
The Chinese Premier spoke highly of the Bruneian royal family`s contributions to advancing relations between the two countries and appreciated Brunei`s efforts in boosting China-ASEAN ties as ASEAN`s rotating presidency.
For his part, the Bruneian sultan said China`s development benefits not only the people of the two countries, but also the region as a whole.
Brunei is ready to work with China for further development of Brunei-China and ASEAN-China relations.
The Chinese Premier arrived here on Wednesday to attend the ongoing series of East Asian leaders` meetings and visit the country, the first leg of his maiden Southeast Asia tour since taking office in March.
The trip will also take him to Thailand and Vietnam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Centre asks states to remove taxes on pulses and edible oils
- Central security agencies ask Delhi Police to remain alert against terror attacks
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Talk to 'voices of dissent' in Kashmir, CPI-M tells Rajnath Singh
- BSF constable stabs colleague, flees with LMG, over 10 magazines in Jammu