China seeks to boost cooperation with Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan: Chinese Premier Li Keqiang pledged on Thursday to boost strategic cooperation and deepen friendship between China and Brunei.
China and Brunei, both at a critical stage of development, have huge potential for cooperation, Li said at a welcome banquet hosted by Bruneian Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, Xinhua reported.
Li said his country stands ready to keep close contacts and join hands with Brunei to promote prosperity, stability and development of the two countries and the region at large.
The Chinese Premier spoke highly of the Bruneian royal family`s contributions to advancing relations between the two countries and appreciated Brunei`s efforts in boosting China-ASEAN ties as ASEAN`s rotating presidency.
For his part, the Bruneian sultan said China`s development benefits not only the people of the two countries, but also the region as a whole.
Brunei is ready to work with China for further development of Brunei-China and ASEAN-China relations.
The Chinese Premier arrived here on Wednesday to attend the ongoing series of East Asian leaders` meetings and visit the country, the first leg of his maiden Southeast Asia tour since taking office in March.
The trip will also take him to Thailand and Vietnam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei