China sends fighters to counter Japanese aircraft
Beijing: China sent two J-10 fighters to the East China Sea after the country`s Y-8 aircraft was closely followed by two Japanese F-15 fighters, a defence ministry official said Friday.
The ministry of national defence denounced the Japanese military aircraft disrupting the routine patrol of Chinese administrative aircraft, Xinhua reported.
The official said China`s Y-8 aircraft was patrolling the southwest airspace of the East China Sea oil platform Thursday.
The two J-10 fighters were sent to monitor the Japanese fighter jets tailing the Y-8 as well as another Japanese reconnaissance plane waS spotted in the same airspace, the official said.
The official said Japanese military aircraft have been increasingly active in closely scouting Chinese aircraft.
He said the activity zone of Japanese military aircraft has also expanded recently, and this was the root cause of security disputes between the two countries concerning territorial waters and airspace.
The Chinese military will be on high alert and will resolutely protect its air defence force, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note