China sends humanitarian aid to Kyrgyz refugees
Beijing: China has dispatched
humanitarian aid worth USD 440,000 to Uzbeskistan to be
distributed to refugees from Kyrgyzstan.
The materials include rice, sugar, biscuits, clothes,
sanitary materials, small power generators and antibiotics,
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a media
briefing here today.
"We hope the aid will help Uzbek authorities resettle
the refugees," Qin said.
The aid will be transported to border areas where
Kyrgyz refugees, who have fled their due to violence there are
Qin said Uzbekistan urgently needed humanitarian aid
because a large number of Kyrgyz refugees had flocked into the
Figures from the UN Office for the Coordination of
Humanitarian Affairs showed that an estimated 100,000 refugees
had fled from Kyrgyzstan to neighboring Uzbekistan, and
300,000 others were still seeking aid within Kyrgyzstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested