China sends humanitarian aid to Kyrgyz refugees
Beijing: China has dispatched
humanitarian aid worth USD 440,000 to Uzbeskistan to be
distributed to refugees from Kyrgyzstan.
The materials include rice, sugar, biscuits, clothes,
sanitary materials, small power generators and antibiotics,
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a media
briefing here today.
"We hope the aid will help Uzbek authorities resettle
the refugees," Qin said.
The aid will be transported to border areas where
Kyrgyz refugees, who have fled their due to violence there are
Qin said Uzbekistan urgently needed humanitarian aid
because a large number of Kyrgyz refugees had flocked into the
Figures from the UN Office for the Coordination of
Humanitarian Affairs showed that an estimated 100,000 refugees
had fled from Kyrgyzstan to neighboring Uzbekistan, and
300,000 others were still seeking aid within Kyrgyzstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video