China sends humanitarian aid to Kyrgyz refugees
Beijing: China has dispatched
humanitarian aid worth USD 440,000 to Uzbeskistan to be
distributed to refugees from Kyrgyzstan.
The materials include rice, sugar, biscuits, clothes,
sanitary materials, small power generators and antibiotics,
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a media
briefing here today.
"We hope the aid will help Uzbek authorities resettle
the refugees," Qin said.
The aid will be transported to border areas where
Kyrgyz refugees, who have fled their due to violence there are
Qin said Uzbekistan urgently needed humanitarian aid
because a large number of Kyrgyz refugees had flocked into the
Figures from the UN Office for the Coordination of
Humanitarian Affairs showed that an estimated 100,000 refugees
had fled from Kyrgyzstan to neighboring Uzbekistan, and
300,000 others were still seeking aid within Kyrgyzstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report