China sends humanitarian aid to Kyrgyz refugees
Beijing: China has dispatched
humanitarian aid worth USD 440,000 to Uzbeskistan to be
distributed to refugees from Kyrgyzstan.
The materials include rice, sugar, biscuits, clothes,
sanitary materials, small power generators and antibiotics,
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a media
briefing here today.
"We hope the aid will help Uzbek authorities resettle
the refugees," Qin said.
The aid will be transported to border areas where
Kyrgyz refugees, who have fled their due to violence there are
Qin said Uzbekistan urgently needed humanitarian aid
because a large number of Kyrgyz refugees had flocked into the
Figures from the UN Office for the Coordination of
Humanitarian Affairs showed that an estimated 100,000 refugees
had fled from Kyrgyzstan to neighboring Uzbekistan, and
300,000 others were still seeking aid within Kyrgyzstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof