China sends humanitarian aid to Kyrgyz refugees
Beijing: China has dispatched
humanitarian aid worth USD 440,000 to Uzbeskistan to be
distributed to refugees from Kyrgyzstan.
The materials include rice, sugar, biscuits, clothes,
sanitary materials, small power generators and antibiotics,
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a media
briefing here today.
"We hope the aid will help Uzbek authorities resettle
the refugees," Qin said.
The aid will be transported to border areas where
Kyrgyz refugees, who have fled their due to violence there are
Qin said Uzbekistan urgently needed humanitarian aid
because a large number of Kyrgyz refugees had flocked into the
Figures from the UN Office for the Coordination of
Humanitarian Affairs showed that an estimated 100,000 refugees
had fled from Kyrgyzstan to neighboring Uzbekistan, and
300,000 others were still seeking aid within Kyrgyzstan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery