China should look for allies, says daily
Beijing: China should "consider allying to gain initiatives", said a state-run Chinese daily Sunday, days ahead of the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
An article in the People`s Daily said that "Non-Aligned Movement" was born out of the period of the Cold War and US-Soviet striving for hegemony.
"China has always been the observer and supporter of the `Non-Aligned Movement` all the way," it said.
Though Cold War was over, "the United States and some NATO countries did not abandon the Cold War mentality".
The article said that the US has been pursuing the "policy of expanding eastward and westward, pushing the border of NATO to the `doorway` of Russia, and enlarging the influence of US-Japan Security Treaty to contain China".
"Under the circumstances, Chinese experts and scholars think that China is `being beset` and should consider allying to gain initiatives," said the daily.
"The United States is unpopular for its pursuit of alliance, and if China also engages in the alliance to contend with the United States, Japan or NATO, a global destructive `new Cold War` will take shape," it added.
The article elaborated that "non-alignment does not mean not deepening cooperation or that China has the same breadth and depth to cooperate with all countries".
"Taking the relations between China and the United States as an example, China does not approve of the `Group of Two` (G2) and advocates the establishment of a new type of relations between great powers and mutual respect for each other`s core interests and major concerns. However, the United States has been hedging its bets on China," it said.
It went on to say that over the past 10 years, the strategic partnership between China and Russia has actually become the model of the new type of relations between great powers after the Cold War, and both sides oppose alignment and unnecessary confrontation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon