China solves 278,000 criminal cases in 2010
Beijing: China has cracked 278,000 criminal cases and busted around 1,650 mafia gangs since it launched a nationwide campaign to maintain public security in 2010.
Around 256,000 suspects have been arrested since January, according to a national working group on maintaining public security, China Daily reported Wednesday.
The group consists of officials from government departments, including the Central Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the ministry of public security.
The government will maintain its "strike hard" policy against mafia gangs, crimes involving guns and explosives, gambling, prostitution and drugs, said Wang Lequan, deputy secretary of the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley