China solves 278,000 criminal cases in 2010
Beijing: China has cracked 278,000 criminal cases and busted around 1,650 mafia gangs since it launched a nationwide campaign to maintain public security in 2010.
Around 256,000 suspects have been arrested since January, according to a national working group on maintaining public security, China Daily reported Wednesday.
The group consists of officials from government departments, including the Central Commission for Political and Legal Affairs of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the ministry of public security.
The government will maintain its "strike hard" policy against mafia gangs, crimes involving guns and explosives, gambling, prostitution and drugs, said Wang Lequan, deputy secretary of the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug