China successfully tests biggest military transport aircraft
Beijing: China has successfully conducted a test flight of its biggest-ever indigenously-made long-range strategic air transport plane, boosting its military prowess.
The Yun-20, or Transport-20, is a huge, multi-function airfreighter capable of carrying 66 tons of load and can perform various long-distance air transportation tasks targeting cargo and passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The successful maiden flight of Yun-20 yesterday is significant in promoting China`s economic and national defence buildup as well as bettering its emergency handling such as disaster relief and humanitarian aid, it said.
The giant aircraft will continue to undergo experiments and more test flights are scheduled, the report said.
The plane adds to the new stealth and carrier-landing fighters said to have been developed by China in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi