China successfully tests biggest military transport aircraft
Beijing: China has successfully conducted a test flight of its biggest-ever indigenously-made long-range strategic air transport plane, boosting its military prowess.
The Yun-20, or Transport-20, is a huge, multi-function airfreighter capable of carrying 66 tons of load and can perform various long-distance air transportation tasks targeting cargo and passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The successful maiden flight of Yun-20 yesterday is significant in promoting China`s economic and national defence buildup as well as bettering its emergency handling such as disaster relief and humanitarian aid, it said.
The giant aircraft will continue to undergo experiments and more test flights are scheduled, the report said.
The plane adds to the new stealth and carrier-landing fighters said to have been developed by China in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach