China successfully tests biggest military transport aircraft
Beijing: China has successfully conducted a test flight of its biggest-ever indigenously-made long-range strategic air transport plane, boosting its military prowess.
The Yun-20, or Transport-20, is a huge, multi-function airfreighter capable of carrying 66 tons of load and can perform various long-distance air transportation tasks targeting cargo and passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The successful maiden flight of Yun-20 yesterday is significant in promoting China`s economic and national defence buildup as well as bettering its emergency handling such as disaster relief and humanitarian aid, it said.
The giant aircraft will continue to undergo experiments and more test flights are scheduled, the report said.
The plane adds to the new stealth and carrier-landing fighters said to have been developed by China in recent months.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?