China supports Geneva II conference on Syria
Damascus: China has supported efforts to find a political solution of persisting Syrian crisis and supported the Geneva II conference in this regard.
The Chinese ambassador to Syria Zhang Xun said Wednesday that China deems the political solution and the Geneva II conference on Syria as "necessary" in light of the current situation in the war-torn country, Xinhua reported.
"We all deem the political solution and convening the Geneva II conference as necessary, particularly in light of the current situation.
"The military solution has no way out, and any party of the conflict can`t defeat the others," Zhang said after meeting the visiting UN-Arab League joint special envoy Lakhdar Brahimi.
"Brahimi has provided us with the results of his Middle East tour," the ambassador remarked about his meeting with Brahimi, stressing that China "actively support convening the Geneva II conference in order to reach for a political solution to the Syrian issue."
He also reiterated his country`s rejection of any form of foreign military intervention in Syria, saying that "we reject the foreign military intervention and wish for a ceasefire and a halt of violence in Syria.
"We support the work of Brahimi, and exert efforts in dealing with concerned Syrian parties."
The long-awaited Geneva II conference on Syria aims to bring the government and the opposition to one table by the end of November to hammer out a political solution to end the suffering of all Syrians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why