China supports Geneva II conference on Syria
Damascus: China has supported efforts to find a political solution of persisting Syrian crisis and supported the Geneva II conference in this regard.
The Chinese ambassador to Syria Zhang Xun said Wednesday that China deems the political solution and the Geneva II conference on Syria as "necessary" in light of the current situation in the war-torn country, Xinhua reported.
"We all deem the political solution and convening the Geneva II conference as necessary, particularly in light of the current situation.
"The military solution has no way out, and any party of the conflict can`t defeat the others," Zhang said after meeting the visiting UN-Arab League joint special envoy Lakhdar Brahimi.
"Brahimi has provided us with the results of his Middle East tour," the ambassador remarked about his meeting with Brahimi, stressing that China "actively support convening the Geneva II conference in order to reach for a political solution to the Syrian issue."
He also reiterated his country`s rejection of any form of foreign military intervention in Syria, saying that "we reject the foreign military intervention and wish for a ceasefire and a halt of violence in Syria.
"We support the work of Brahimi, and exert efforts in dealing with concerned Syrian parties."
The long-awaited Geneva II conference on Syria aims to bring the government and the opposition to one table by the end of November to hammer out a political solution to end the suffering of all Syrians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies