China talks energy, power cooperation with Pak
Beijing: Chinese President Hu Jintao told his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari on Thursday that Beijing encourages its enterprises to take part in energy and electricity projects in Pakistan.
Hu met Zardari in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese President said the two sides needed to cement the China-Pakistan strategic and cooperative partnership, and called for improvement in strategic communication and cooperation.
Hu also called for maintaining high-level visits and exchanging views on major issues concerning the two countries.
He hoped the two sides will deepen cooperation, especially in the sectors of trade, energy, transportation infrastructure construction, agriculture, telecommunications, aerospace and technology.
"China will continue to provide assistance for Pakistan`s economic and social development within our capacity," he said.
He said the two sides needed to improve law-enforcement and security cooperation, and jointly fight the "three evil forces" of terrorism, separatism and extremism.
On people-to-people exchanges, Hu suggested the two sides expand cooperation in education, culture and media at local levels.
Zardari thanked China for its support to Pakistan`s development as well as assistance when the country was affected by floods and earthquakes.
He invited Chinese enterprises to invest in Pakistan, especially in infrastructure and the energy sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue
- Watch: Urvashi Rautela gives a classical twist to Jacqueline Fernandez's 'Beat Pe Booty'
- Volkswagen's 'CrossBlue' SUV Spotted!
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Shaun Marsh breaks finger during practice, out of remaining part of ODI series