China talks energy, power cooperation with Pak
Beijing: Chinese President Hu Jintao told his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari on Thursday that Beijing encourages its enterprises to take part in energy and electricity projects in Pakistan.
Hu met Zardari in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese President said the two sides needed to cement the China-Pakistan strategic and cooperative partnership, and called for improvement in strategic communication and cooperation.
Hu also called for maintaining high-level visits and exchanging views on major issues concerning the two countries.
He hoped the two sides will deepen cooperation, especially in the sectors of trade, energy, transportation infrastructure construction, agriculture, telecommunications, aerospace and technology.
"China will continue to provide assistance for Pakistan`s economic and social development within our capacity," he said.
He said the two sides needed to improve law-enforcement and security cooperation, and jointly fight the "three evil forces" of terrorism, separatism and extremism.
On people-to-people exchanges, Hu suggested the two sides expand cooperation in education, culture and media at local levels.
Zardari thanked China for its support to Pakistan`s development as well as assistance when the country was affected by floods and earthquakes.
He invited Chinese enterprises to invest in Pakistan, especially in infrastructure and the energy sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test