China to amend consumer rights law
Beijing: China`s top legislature will consider a series of draft laws and amendments, including one to the country`s consumer rights law, it decided on Monday.
The National People`s Congress (NPC) Standing Committee will convene a bimonthly session between April 23 and 25, according to a decision made at Monday`s Chairmen`s Council, presided over by top legislator Zhang Dejiang.
Under the agreed agenda, the bimonthly session will for the first time deliberate on changes to the law on the protection of consumer rights and interests, and continue reading the tourism law and the special equipment safety law.
Monday`s meeting did not reveal details of how these laws would be changed.
A report on the State Council`s progress in building the ecological compensation mechanism and a report, submitted by the Legislative Affairs Commission of the NPC Standing Committee, on cleaning up judicial interpretation, will be examined at the meeting, according to the agenda.
The meeting will also deliberate on a draft list of chairman, vice-chairmen and members of the Credentials Committee of the NPC Standing Committee, submitted by the Chairmen`s Council, as well as appointments and dismissals.
The Chairmen`s Council adopted this year`s legislative and supervisory plans of the NPC Standing Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'