China to amend consumer rights law
Beijing: China`s top legislature will consider a series of draft laws and amendments, including one to the country`s consumer rights law, it decided on Monday.
The National People`s Congress (NPC) Standing Committee will convene a bimonthly session between April 23 and 25, according to a decision made at Monday`s Chairmen`s Council, presided over by top legislator Zhang Dejiang.
Under the agreed agenda, the bimonthly session will for the first time deliberate on changes to the law on the protection of consumer rights and interests, and continue reading the tourism law and the special equipment safety law.
Monday`s meeting did not reveal details of how these laws would be changed.
A report on the State Council`s progress in building the ecological compensation mechanism and a report, submitted by the Legislative Affairs Commission of the NPC Standing Committee, on cleaning up judicial interpretation, will be examined at the meeting, according to the agenda.
The meeting will also deliberate on a draft list of chairman, vice-chairmen and members of the Credentials Committee of the NPC Standing Committee, submitted by the Chairmen`s Council, as well as appointments and dismissals.
The Chairmen`s Council adopted this year`s legislative and supervisory plans of the NPC Standing Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?