China to amend consumer rights law
Beijing: China`s top legislature will consider a series of draft laws and amendments, including one to the country`s consumer rights law, it decided on Monday.
The National People`s Congress (NPC) Standing Committee will convene a bimonthly session between April 23 and 25, according to a decision made at Monday`s Chairmen`s Council, presided over by top legislator Zhang Dejiang.
Under the agreed agenda, the bimonthly session will for the first time deliberate on changes to the law on the protection of consumer rights and interests, and continue reading the tourism law and the special equipment safety law.
Monday`s meeting did not reveal details of how these laws would be changed.
A report on the State Council`s progress in building the ecological compensation mechanism and a report, submitted by the Legislative Affairs Commission of the NPC Standing Committee, on cleaning up judicial interpretation, will be examined at the meeting, according to the agenda.
The meeting will also deliberate on a draft list of chairman, vice-chairmen and members of the Credentials Committee of the NPC Standing Committee, submitted by the Chairmen`s Council, as well as appointments and dismissals.
The Chairmen`s Council adopted this year`s legislative and supervisory plans of the NPC Standing Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Pakistan directly involved in proxy war in Kashmir: Lt. Gen Hooda
- Beijing urged to accept South China Sea ruling
- Centre will not harm Odisha's interests: Uma Bharti
- Telangana Congress leaders stopped from heading to Mallanna project
- WATCH: When The Great Khali beat 19 opponents to win World Heavyweight title