China to approve new short-haul aircraft
Beijing: A new generation of short-haul aircraft will be granted production approval soon and enter the market in 2014, a media report said on Friday.
The MA700 aircraft, designed by the Avic Aircraft Co, is about to be approved by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology after years of research and development, a source told the China Securities Journal reported.
The turboprop will mainly be used for medium- and short-distance trips, said Geng Ruguang, vice general manager of Avic`s parent company, the Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Xinhua reported.
Compared with its counterparts, the plane`s travel costs will be 10 percent lower, while its carbon dioxide emissions will be 20 percent lower, Geng said.
As of the end of 2012, the company had received orders for 196 units from domestic and overseas buyers, with 75 units having already been delivered to airlines in 13 countries, a report from Everbright Securities Co said.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state