China to assist devt projects in religious places
Beijing: China has announced plans to assist Buddhist and Islamic religious places to resolve problems encountered by them in construction of development projects.
The National Human Rights Action Plan of China (2012- 2015) published by China`s State Council Information Office said the state will provide financial support to the construction of new school buildings in the Buddhist Academy of China and the improvement and expansion of the China Islamic Institute.
The same support will be rendered to the rebuilding and expansion of religious venues in the Tibetan-inhabited areas in Sichuan, Yunnan, Gansu and Qinghai provinces, the plan said.
Financial support will also be extended to the post-earthquake rebuilding of venues for religious activities in Yushu, Qinghai Province, and to mosques damaged during natural disasters, it said.
The action plan said China upholds the principle of freedom of religious belief stipulated in the Constitution and strictly implements the Regulations on Religious Affairs to guarantee citizens` freedom of religious belief.
China is committed to protect citizens freedom to believe or not in any religion.
No one would be discriminated to due to religious belief, the plan said.
The action plan also said China will improve the organisation and management of, and service to pilgrimage to provide convenience and guarantee for Muslims to complete their pilgrimage smoothly, state news agency Xinhua reported.
The state will promote cultural exchanges in religion by supporting friendly exchanges between Chinese religious circles and foreign religious organisations, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!