China to assist devt projects in religious places
Beijing: China has announced plans to assist Buddhist and Islamic religious places to resolve problems encountered by them in construction of development projects.
The National Human Rights Action Plan of China (2012- 2015) published by China`s State Council Information Office said the state will provide financial support to the construction of new school buildings in the Buddhist Academy of China and the improvement and expansion of the China Islamic Institute.
The same support will be rendered to the rebuilding and expansion of religious venues in the Tibetan-inhabited areas in Sichuan, Yunnan, Gansu and Qinghai provinces, the plan said.
Financial support will also be extended to the post-earthquake rebuilding of venues for religious activities in Yushu, Qinghai Province, and to mosques damaged during natural disasters, it said.
The action plan said China upholds the principle of freedom of religious belief stipulated in the Constitution and strictly implements the Regulations on Religious Affairs to guarantee citizens` freedom of religious belief.
China is committed to protect citizens freedom to believe or not in any religion.
No one would be discriminated to due to religious belief, the plan said.
The action plan also said China will improve the organisation and management of, and service to pilgrimage to provide convenience and guarantee for Muslims to complete their pilgrimage smoothly, state news agency Xinhua reported.
The state will promote cultural exchanges in religion by supporting friendly exchanges between Chinese religious circles and foreign religious organisations, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video