‘China to back `reasonable` reform of UNSC’
Beijing: China on Thursday said it would support
"reasonable" and "necessary" reform of the UN Security
Council, including in the permanent membership category, and
sought patient negotiations among governments to narrow down
differences on the issue.
"China supports reasonable, necessary reform of the
UNSC," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei told a media
His remarks came in response to a question on China`s
stand on time-bound reforms being advocated by India and other
countries for permanent membership of the UN Security Council.
"We maintain that priority should be given to developing
countries so that medium, small-size countries could take part
in the decision-making process and play a better role," Hong
"We hope that parties will have democratic and patient
consultation to try to reach a package of agreements on
related issues so that negotiations could become process of
narrowing differences consolidating the solidarity and win-win
results. We will take part in the inter-governmental
negotiations with responsible attitude," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday