China to boost global sustainable development with UN
Nairobi: Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said here Saturday that his country would deepen cooperation with UN agencies to boost green development, address climate change, so as to promote the world`s sustainable development.
The visiting Chinese leader made the remarks during talks with Achim Steiner, executive director of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), and Joan Clos, head of the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), Xinhua reported.
Hailing the UNEP`s and the UN-Habitat`s efforts to better the environment, development of the world as well as people`s livelihood, Li said China, a member of the two UN agencies, always supports their work and has carried out extensive, effective cooperation with them.
To enhance cooperation with the two UN bodies and experience-sharing with other countries for global sustainable development, China will continue to boost green growth, improve environment management and promote South-South cooperation on environmental protection and climate change, he said.
The Chinese government, the premier said, is making strides to advance the construction of ecological civilisation, realise sustainable development which coordinates economic growth with social and environmental consideration.
The process of new-type urbanisation is also at a pivotal stage in China, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister