China to declare military industrial areas as defence zones
Beijing: China plans to declare defence- related scientific, technological and industrial facilities as forbidden military zones in order to protect their secrets and to prevent security leaks.
Some key organisations will be zoned as forbidden military areas or restricted military areas, Ma Yifei, bureau director of the People`s Liberation Army`s (PLA) Headquarters of the General Staff, said.
National defence organisations related to science, technology and industry have a direct bearing on the country`s national security and defence strengths and, thus require good security, confidentiality, air exclusion and electromagnetic environment conditions, Ma said.
However, such organisations are off-limits to the protection of military installations under current law and regulations, and many of them face a complicated surrounding environment, he said.
Such situations have resulted in some information leaks and undermined the efficiency of these facilities, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion