China to declare military industrial areas as defence zones
Beijing: China plans to declare defence- related scientific, technological and industrial facilities as forbidden military zones in order to protect their secrets and to prevent security leaks.
Some key organisations will be zoned as forbidden military areas or restricted military areas, Ma Yifei, bureau director of the People`s Liberation Army`s (PLA) Headquarters of the General Staff, said.
National defence organisations related to science, technology and industry have a direct bearing on the country`s national security and defence strengths and, thus require good security, confidentiality, air exclusion and electromagnetic environment conditions, Ma said.
However, such organisations are off-limits to the protection of military installations under current law and regulations, and many of them face a complicated surrounding environment, he said.
Such situations have resulted in some information leaks and undermined the efficiency of these facilities, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh