China to deploy more security guards at schools
Beijing: China will deploy more security guards in schools as well as at kindergartens. The country witnessed a string of attacks on school students two years back.
The education ministry will deploy more security guards in primary and middle schools as well as kindergartens to maintain better schoolyard security, reported Xinhua citing the Beijing Times.
By 2013, the education facilities will have at least one guard, the report quoted Minister of Education Yuan Guiren as saying.
Yuan called for standardized safety around schools, where patrolling and cutting out safety irregularities will be introduced. The regulation on school bus safety management will also be implemented.
China`s school security worsened in 2010 after a series of attacks on kindergartens and primary school students.
Since then, the authorities have beefed up their efforts in providing safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened