China to formally elect new President, PM March 5
Beijing: China will elect its top leaders, including the president and the premier, during the first annual session of the 12th National People`s Congress (NPC) to be convened March 5, 2013, it was announced here Friday.
A meeting of the 11th NPC Standing Committee, which concluded Friday, set forth suggestions for the agenda of the March session that will last for about two weeks, Xinhua reported.
The session will elect the chairperson and vice chairpersons of the NPC Standing Committee, as well as the country`s president and vice president.
It will also decide on the premier and vice premiers, as well as state councillors and ministers.
The meeting will also elect the chairperson of the Central Military Commission, and heads of the Supreme People`s Court and the Supreme People`s Procuratorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda