China to formally elect new President, PM March 5
Beijing: China will elect its top leaders, including the president and the premier, during the first annual session of the 12th National People`s Congress (NPC) to be convened March 5, 2013, it was announced here Friday.
A meeting of the 11th NPC Standing Committee, which concluded Friday, set forth suggestions for the agenda of the March session that will last for about two weeks, Xinhua reported.
The session will elect the chairperson and vice chairpersons of the NPC Standing Committee, as well as the country`s president and vice president.
It will also decide on the premier and vice premiers, as well as state councillors and ministers.
The meeting will also elect the chairperson of the Central Military Commission, and heads of the Supreme People`s Court and the Supreme People`s Procuratorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test