China to formally elect new President, PM March 5
Beijing: China will elect its top leaders, including the president and the premier, during the first annual session of the 12th National People`s Congress (NPC) to be convened March 5, 2013, it was announced here Friday.
A meeting of the 11th NPC Standing Committee, which concluded Friday, set forth suggestions for the agenda of the March session that will last for about two weeks, Xinhua reported.
The session will elect the chairperson and vice chairpersons of the NPC Standing Committee, as well as the country`s president and vice president.
It will also decide on the premier and vice premiers, as well as state councillors and ministers.
The meeting will also elect the chairperson of the Central Military Commission, and heads of the Supreme People`s Court and the Supreme People`s Procuratorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing