China to formally elect new President, PM March 5
Beijing: China will elect its top leaders, including the president and the premier, during the first annual session of the 12th National People`s Congress (NPC) to be convened March 5, 2013, it was announced here Friday.
A meeting of the 11th NPC Standing Committee, which concluded Friday, set forth suggestions for the agenda of the March session that will last for about two weeks, Xinhua reported.
The session will elect the chairperson and vice chairpersons of the NPC Standing Committee, as well as the country`s president and vice president.
It will also decide on the premier and vice premiers, as well as state councillors and ministers.
The meeting will also elect the chairperson of the Central Military Commission, and heads of the Supreme People`s Court and the Supreme People`s Procuratorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav