China to freeze terror funds
Beijing: China plans to freeze the funds of terrorist organisations following two attacks that have been blamed on the East Turkestan Islamic Movement whose cadres are said to be trained in Pakistan.
The funds and assets of terrorist organisations and terrorists will be frozen after their names are published by the public security authorities, according to a bill submitted to China`s top legislature for discussion on Monday, Xinhua reported.
On July 30, two people hijacked a truck after killing its driver and drove it into a crowded street in Xinjiang. They jumped out of the truck wielding knives and hacked stunned bystanders.
A day later, July 31, a group of people set fire to a restaurant and randomly attacked civilians with knives in Kashgar. Police opened fire and shot dead five suspects.
At least 13 people died and 44 were injured in the two attacks.
The government blamed the acts of terror on religious extremists of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) trained in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad