China to freeze terror funds
Beijing: China plans to freeze the funds of terrorist organisations following two attacks that have been blamed on the East Turkestan Islamic Movement whose cadres are said to be trained in Pakistan.
The funds and assets of terrorist organisations and terrorists will be frozen after their names are published by the public security authorities, according to a bill submitted to China`s top legislature for discussion on Monday, Xinhua reported.
On July 30, two people hijacked a truck after killing its driver and drove it into a crowded street in Xinjiang. They jumped out of the truck wielding knives and hacked stunned bystanders.
A day later, July 31, a group of people set fire to a restaurant and randomly attacked civilians with knives in Kashgar. Police opened fire and shot dead five suspects.
At least 13 people died and 44 were injured in the two attacks.
The government blamed the acts of terror on religious extremists of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) trained in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened