China to freeze terror funds
Beijing: China plans to freeze the funds of terrorist organisations following two attacks that have been blamed on the East Turkestan Islamic Movement whose cadres are said to be trained in Pakistan.
The funds and assets of terrorist organisations and terrorists will be frozen after their names are published by the public security authorities, according to a bill submitted to China`s top legislature for discussion on Monday, Xinhua reported.
On July 30, two people hijacked a truck after killing its driver and drove it into a crowded street in Xinjiang. They jumped out of the truck wielding knives and hacked stunned bystanders.
A day later, July 31, a group of people set fire to a restaurant and randomly attacked civilians with knives in Kashgar. Police opened fire and shot dead five suspects.
At least 13 people died and 44 were injured in the two attacks.
The government blamed the acts of terror on religious extremists of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) trained in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried