China to host UN meet on Israel-Palestine
Beijing: China will host an international meeting of the United Nations aimed at reviving the stalled peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine here later this month.
The United Nations International Meeting in Support of Israeli-Palestinian Peace will to be held from June 18-19 at the request of the UN Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said today.
Under the theme "Reviving the collective international engagement towards a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict," the meeting will look at possible ways for the international community to create conditions conducive to the resumption of meaningful negotiations between the two nations.
The move to host the meeting comes after recent visits by Palestine President Mehmood Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netenyahu to China to hold talks with the new leadership here.
China will invite governments of relevant countries, representatives of the UN and other international organizations as well as scholars and experts to attend the meeting, Lei said.
China hopes the meeting will raise public awareness about the Palestinian issue and revive collective international engagement regarding peaceful negotiations between the parties, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days