China to host UN meet on Israel-Palestine
Beijing: China will host an international meeting of the United Nations aimed at reviving the stalled peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine here later this month.
The United Nations International Meeting in Support of Israeli-Palestinian Peace will to be held from June 18-19 at the request of the UN Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said today.
Under the theme "Reviving the collective international engagement towards a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict," the meeting will look at possible ways for the international community to create conditions conducive to the resumption of meaningful negotiations between the two nations.
The move to host the meeting comes after recent visits by Palestine President Mehmood Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netenyahu to China to hold talks with the new leadership here.
China will invite governments of relevant countries, representatives of the UN and other international organizations as well as scholars and experts to attend the meeting, Lei said.
China hopes the meeting will raise public awareness about the Palestinian issue and revive collective international engagement regarding peaceful negotiations between the parties, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?