China to increase assistance to Nepal, Pakistan
Kathmandu: China has decided to substantially increase its assistance to developing countries in South Asian region, particularly to Nepal and Pakistan, a top Chinese official said here on Tuesday.
"China will adopt strictly five principles of peaceful coexistence and substantially increase its assistance to developing countries in its neighbourhood," CPN-UML said in a statement after the Director General of External Security of Chinese Foreign Ministry, Qiu Guoheng, met party chairman Jhala Nath Khanal here.
"This will particularly include countries like Nepal and Pakistan."
Qiu, the former ambassador to Nepal, is leading a Chinese delegation that aims at learning the new political developments in Nepal.
Khanal asked China to come forward with larger support for Nepal "as we are now tasked to fulfil high aspirations of people for the development as expressed during the last election".
He told the Chinese delegation that "a coalition government is expected to be formed soon, preferably with consensus or at least with a strong majority".
The Former Prime Minister reiterated, "Nepal has maintained a strong one China policy and no anti-China activities will be allowed from Nepali soil."
According to the Chinese delegation, the visit seeks to convey the message of two recent meetings held in China - the Third Plenum of 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the Conference on China`s relations with neighbouring countries.
Qiu congratulated Khanal over the good performance of his party in the recently concluded elections and emphasised on a long term relationship between the two countries and between the CPC and CPN(UML), the statement said.
The plenum has decided to further deepen the economic reforms and has given more detailed roadmap for the same, which are very important for the future development of China, according to Qiu. The second conference decided to bring important changes in China`s policy towards its neighbours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened