China to issue $10 bn in loans to SCO members
Beijing: China is ready to allocate USD 10 billion worth of loans to members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), President Hu Jintao said on Thursday at the 12th meeting of the Council of SCO Heads of State.
"China has decided to issue loans worth USD 10 billion to SCO member states to stimulate their economic development and support economic cooperation projects," Hu said.
He also said an SCO development bank would be established and called on the organisation`s members to boost efforts to create a united transport infrastructure, a network of highways and railroads, develop air travel, telecommunications, as well as a common oil and gas transportation system.
The SCO is a regional security grouping that comprises Russia, China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Mongolia, India, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan have observer status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17