China to issue $10 bn in loans to SCO members
Beijing: China is ready to allocate USD 10 billion worth of loans to members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), President Hu Jintao said on Thursday at the 12th meeting of the Council of SCO Heads of State.
"China has decided to issue loans worth USD 10 billion to SCO member states to stimulate their economic development and support economic cooperation projects," Hu said.
He also said an SCO development bank would be established and called on the organisation`s members to boost efforts to create a united transport infrastructure, a network of highways and railroads, develop air travel, telecommunications, as well as a common oil and gas transportation system.
The SCO is a regional security grouping that comprises Russia, China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Mongolia, India, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan have observer status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders