China to issue $10 bn in loans to SCO members
Beijing: China is ready to allocate USD 10 billion worth of loans to members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), President Hu Jintao said on Thursday at the 12th meeting of the Council of SCO Heads of State.
"China has decided to issue loans worth USD 10 billion to SCO member states to stimulate their economic development and support economic cooperation projects," Hu said.
He also said an SCO development bank would be established and called on the organisation`s members to boost efforts to create a united transport infrastructure, a network of highways and railroads, develop air travel, telecommunications, as well as a common oil and gas transportation system.
The SCO is a regional security grouping that comprises Russia, China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Mongolia, India, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan have observer status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof