China to launch quantum experiment satellite in 2016
Beijing: China has initiated process to launch a satellite for quantum information and technology experiments in 2016, a leading quantum physicist said in Beijin on Thursday.
"We hope to establish a quantum communication network from Beijing to Vienna. Such a plan is impossible without international collaborations," Prof Pan Jianwei was quoted by state-run Xinhua news agency on Thursday.
The field of quantum communication, the science of transmitting quantum states from one place to another, has caught global attention in recent years owing to the discovery of quantum cryptography, which is described as a way of creating "unbreakable" messages, the Xinhua report said.
A member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Prof Pan of the University of Science and Technology of China led a frontier research team to conduct a 30-40 km quantum communication test on the Great Wall of China in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- No ASEAN consensus on South China Sea row for now
- Unidentified militants shoot dead Trinamool worker in West Bengal
- Is it fair to be told your car just turned scrap: Maruti chief RC Bhargava
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH