China to overhaul orphanages after seven kids die
Beijing: China will carry out a month-long nationwide inspection of orphanages run by individuals and private operators after a house fire killed seven children in Henan province.
The Ministry of Civil Affairs said Sunday its departments across the country have been urged to improve management of such orphanages and prevent individuals and private institutions from illegally housing orphans.
The children died of burns Friday morning when the fire engulfed a house in Lankao county, being used as a private orphanage by a woman who was using it as a home to shelter orphans and abandoned children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31