China to overhaul orphanages after seven kids die
Beijing: China will carry out a month-long nationwide inspection of orphanages run by individuals and private operators after a house fire killed seven children in Henan province.
The Ministry of Civil Affairs said Sunday its departments across the country have been urged to improve management of such orphanages and prevent individuals and private institutions from illegally housing orphans.
The children died of burns Friday morning when the fire engulfed a house in Lankao county, being used as a private orphanage by a woman who was using it as a home to shelter orphans and abandoned children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis