China to overhaul orphanages after seven kids die
Beijing: China will carry out a month-long nationwide inspection of orphanages run by individuals and private operators after a house fire killed seven children in Henan province.
The Ministry of Civil Affairs said Sunday its departments across the country have been urged to improve management of such orphanages and prevent individuals and private institutions from illegally housing orphans.
The children died of burns Friday morning when the fire engulfed a house in Lankao county, being used as a private orphanage by a woman who was using it as a home to shelter orphans and abandoned children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs