China to overhaul orphanages after seven kids die
Beijing: China will carry out a month-long nationwide inspection of orphanages run by individuals and private operators after a house fire killed seven children in Henan province.
The Ministry of Civil Affairs said Sunday its departments across the country have been urged to improve management of such orphanages and prevent individuals and private institutions from illegally housing orphans.
The children died of burns Friday morning when the fire engulfed a house in Lankao county, being used as a private orphanage by a woman who was using it as a home to shelter orphans and abandoned children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'