China to resume N-plants construction
Beijing: China will resume constructing nuclear power plants that had been halted following an accident last year in Japan`s Fukushima nuclear power plant, a former senior official of National Nuclear Safety Administration said Wednesday.
Ten approved nuclear power plants will be granted permission to begin construction soon "as a comprehensive plan on nuclear safety had been submitted to the State Council," the China Daily quoted Wang Yuqing, former director of the National Nuclear Safety Administration, as saying.
The official was addressing the plenary session of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference National Committee (CPPCC).
The central government has set a goal of China having 11.4 percent of its energy from non-fossil fuel sources by the end of 2015, as opposed to the present 8 percent.
By 2020, the country is to get 15 percent of its energy from non-fossil fuel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary