China to safeguard its citizens, business in North Korea
Beijing: As the North Korea advised countries to consider evacuating their embassies in Pyongyang amid rising tension in the region, China today said it will safeguard the legitimate rights and business of its citizens.
"As far as I know, the Chinese embassy in the DPRK is still under normal operation," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement released today.
He said China will safeguard the legitimate rights and safety of its citizens and business in the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DPRK), the official name of North Korea.
His statement comes in the backdrop of Pyongyang informing the foreign missions based in the country that it cannot ensure their security as it ratcheted up the tensions with US and South Korea placing missiles in readiness.
China, a long standing ally of North Korea, has been urging caution and calm asking all the parties involved in the crisis to start dialogue process.
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day