China to shut 5,000 non-coal mines over security
Beijing: China`s safety watchdog has said it will suspend or shut down operations in over 5,000 non-coal mines this year over their failure to meet required safety standards, Xinhua reported.
The government will take steps to reduce accidents in non-coal mines and keep the death toll below 900 this year, the state administration of work safety said in a statement.
It said it will order mines to enhance safety measures, improve their emergency response mechanisms and build monitoring systems.
China`s hundreds of thousands of non-coal mines, most of which are operated at a small scale with poor safety conditions, are major targets of work safety campaigns.
To further regulate the sector, the administration said it would work with related departments to create policies stipulating operating standards, including minimum operation scales.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says