China to shut 5,000 non-coal mines over security
Beijing: China`s safety watchdog has said it will suspend or shut down operations in over 5,000 non-coal mines this year over their failure to meet required safety standards, Xinhua reported.
The government will take steps to reduce accidents in non-coal mines and keep the death toll below 900 this year, the state administration of work safety said in a statement.
It said it will order mines to enhance safety measures, improve their emergency response mechanisms and build monitoring systems.
China`s hundreds of thousands of non-coal mines, most of which are operated at a small scale with poor safety conditions, are major targets of work safety campaigns.
To further regulate the sector, the administration said it would work with related departments to create policies stipulating operating standards, including minimum operation scales.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!