China to survey territorial islands
Beijing: China will carry out a survey of its territorial islands, the State Oceanic Administration announced Tuesday.
The latest survey, which will be the country`s second island resources integrated survey, aims to cover in five years China`s around 10,000 territorial islands, reported the China daily citing the State Oceanic Administration.
It would collect data on the distribution, quantity and quality of the islands` resources and the development potentials of such resources, as well as the islands` major environmental and ecological conditions.
The islands` geological features and their economic and social development would also be covered in the survey.
The data obtained in the first survey, carried out between 1988 and 1996, laid a foundation for the management of the islands but needed to be updated.
The upcoming survey is also being carried out for China to formulate a strategic blueprint for maritime development and social construction on the islands in the 13th Five Year Plan (2016-2020).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test