China to survey territorial islands
Beijing: China will carry out a survey of its territorial islands, the State Oceanic Administration announced Tuesday.
The latest survey, which will be the country`s second island resources integrated survey, aims to cover in five years China`s around 10,000 territorial islands, reported the China daily citing the State Oceanic Administration.
It would collect data on the distribution, quantity and quality of the islands` resources and the development potentials of such resources, as well as the islands` major environmental and ecological conditions.
The islands` geological features and their economic and social development would also be covered in the survey.
The data obtained in the first survey, carried out between 1988 and 1996, laid a foundation for the management of the islands but needed to be updated.
The upcoming survey is also being carried out for China to formulate a strategic blueprint for maritime development and social construction on the islands in the 13th Five Year Plan (2016-2020).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'