China to survey territorial islands
Beijing: China will carry out a survey of its territorial islands, the State Oceanic Administration announced Tuesday.
The latest survey, which will be the country`s second island resources integrated survey, aims to cover in five years China`s around 10,000 territorial islands, reported the China daily citing the State Oceanic Administration.
It would collect data on the distribution, quantity and quality of the islands` resources and the development potentials of such resources, as well as the islands` major environmental and ecological conditions.
The islands` geological features and their economic and social development would also be covered in the survey.
The data obtained in the first survey, carried out between 1988 and 1996, laid a foundation for the management of the islands but needed to be updated.
The upcoming survey is also being carried out for China to formulate a strategic blueprint for maritime development and social construction on the islands in the 13th Five Year Plan (2016-2020).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma