China to test home-made helicopter in November
Beijing: China will conduct a test of its home-made helicopter next month.
The first helicopter manufactured in its plant in Tianjin would begin test flights in early November, officials at Avicopter Corporation Limited (ACL) said yesterday.
The assembly of the aircraft, a two-tonne AC311 light helicopter, was completed last week and it is to be used for training, fire fighting, first-aid and tourism, according to ACL.
The company officials told Xinhua that the plant would be able to produce more than 300 aircraft annually by 2017.
ACL was a joint venture set up by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China and the municipal government of Tianjin in May 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!