China to test home-made helicopter in November
Beijing: China will conduct a test of its home-made helicopter next month.
The first helicopter manufactured in its plant in Tianjin would begin test flights in early November, officials at Avicopter Corporation Limited (ACL) said yesterday.
The assembly of the aircraft, a two-tonne AC311 light helicopter, was completed last week and it is to be used for training, fire fighting, first-aid and tourism, according to ACL.
The company officials told Xinhua that the plant would be able to produce more than 300 aircraft annually by 2017.
ACL was a joint venture set up by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China and the municipal government of Tianjin in May 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown