China to top world in losing top-notch talents: Daily
Beijing: China would head a list of countries whose top-notch talents do not return to their home country after working or living overseas, according to a media report here.
The flagship newspaper of the ruling Communist Party of China said that about 87 per cent high-caliber personnel preferred to stay abroad for better research conditions.
China has groomed a lot of very talented people since its founding in 1949, and as of 2010, China had 120 million people with outstanding occupational skills, the article in the People`s Daily said.
The Chinese government has introduced a slew of policies to nurture domestic talents and lure high-caliber workers from overseas, with more than 20,000 high-caliber overseas students having returned to China since the project was launched in 2008, it said.
According to the Chinese Academy of Sciences, there are 1,907 people worldwide classified as being in the top echelon of talents in the six fields of biology and biochemistry, computer science, physics, agriculture, mathematics, and chemistry.
Of these top talents, China has the greatest representation in physics, mathematics and computer science.
Liu Xutao, a professor with the Chinese Academy of Governance, said many Chinese talents choose to stay overseas for better scientific research conditions.
Liu suggested that domestic departments should create more favorable situations for innovative scientific research when formulating policies to attract both domestic and international personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM