China to use drones for marine surveillance
Beijing: China will promote the use of drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), to strengthen the nation`s marine surveillance, the government said.
The State Oceanic Administration (SOA) Sunday verified and accepted a pilot programme for using drones to undertake remote-sensing marine surveillance in Lianyungang coastal city in the eastern province of Jiangsu, Xinhua reported.
With the experience from the pilot programme, the SOA would try to form a managerial system and technical regulations in a bid to set up UAV surveillance and monitoring bases in provinces along China`s coastline by 2015, an official said.
The SOA would also step up efforts to enhance surveillance of islands, including the Diaoyu Islands and Huangyan Island.
It said the use of pilotless aircraft in remote-sensing marine surveillance was relatively flexible, low-cost and efficient, compared to the performance of satellite remote sensing, aerial remote sensing and field monitoring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next