China treating Obama as a doormat: Paul Ryan
Washington: Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan has accused President Barack Obama of allowing China to treat him like a "doormat" and failing to stop its economic cheating.
"They (China) steal our intellectual property rights. They block access to their markets.They manipulate their currency. President Obama promised he would stop these practices.He said he`d go to the mat with China. Instead, they`re treating him like a doormat," Ryan said at a campaign event in Ohio yesterday.
"We`re not going to let that happen. Mitt Romney (the Republican presidential candidate) and I are going to crack down on China cheating, and we`re going to make sure that trade works for Americans," he said amidst cheer and applause from the audience.
"Make things here. Sell them there.Grow things here.Sell them around the world and create jobs," Ryan said as he attempted at making his first foray into foreign policy.
The Congressman is known mainly for his expertise on fiscal issues. He is Chairman of the House Budget Committee.
"Free trade is a powerful tool for peace and prosperity, but our trading partners need to play by the rules," he said.
"President Obama and a lot of other politicians like him in Washington have been so consumed and so concerned and more worried about their next election than they are about the next generation.
"We`re not going to let that continue. That`s not us. We will lead. We will offer specific ideas, specific solutions that get this country back on track," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP