China treating Obama as a doormat: Paul Ryan
Washington: Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan has accused President Barack Obama of allowing China to treat him like a "doormat" and failing to stop its economic cheating.
"They (China) steal our intellectual property rights. They block access to their markets.They manipulate their currency. President Obama promised he would stop these practices.He said he`d go to the mat with China. Instead, they`re treating him like a doormat," Ryan said at a campaign event in Ohio yesterday.
"We`re not going to let that happen. Mitt Romney (the Republican presidential candidate) and I are going to crack down on China cheating, and we`re going to make sure that trade works for Americans," he said amidst cheer and applause from the audience.
"Make things here. Sell them there.Grow things here.Sell them around the world and create jobs," Ryan said as he attempted at making his first foray into foreign policy.
The Congressman is known mainly for his expertise on fiscal issues. He is Chairman of the House Budget Committee.
"Free trade is a powerful tool for peace and prosperity, but our trading partners need to play by the rules," he said.
"President Obama and a lot of other politicians like him in Washington have been so consumed and so concerned and more worried about their next election than they are about the next generation.
"We`re not going to let that continue. That`s not us. We will lead. We will offer specific ideas, specific solutions that get this country back on track," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble