China unveils ‘radar-evading’ stealth bomber at airshow
Beijing: Eyeing the international market, China on Wednesday for the first time displayed its new radar evading stealth fighter jet at the country`s annual air show, where it also unveiled an unmanned drone for public view.
The J-31 stealth fighter "eyes international market", a report in the state-run Global Times said.
For many spectators at the air show in Zhuhai, the most eye-catching exhibit was the large-scale model of China`s second stealth fighter dubbed as the J-31, which made its maiden flight on October 31, it said.
This is the first time China has unveiled its stealth aircraft for public.
So far it was shown through photos and videos in the official media.
Considering the close military cooperation, Pakistan Air Force could evince interest in acquiring the stealth bomber, which Chinese officials say would take years to operationalise.
The plane is being run on the engine imported from Russia and China is yet to come out with an engine of its own.
China and Pakistan are jointly manufacturing a middle rung aircraft called `JF-17 Thunder`, whose engines are still being imported from Russia.
China also unveiled its unmanned plane Wing Loong, designed by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) at the air show.
China is currently deploying Drones for coastal security in the midst of its maritime disputes in South China Sea as well as over disputed islands with Japan in East China Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened