China urges calm over Korean N-issue
Beijing: China Monday urged all relevant parties to remain calm and restrained regarding the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
"The Chinese side opposes any moves that may lead to the escalation of tensions and are inconducive to the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a press briefing.
He said China was greatly concerned regarding the current state of affairs on the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea has vowed to conduct more rocket launches and a higher-level nuclear test after the UN Security Council unanimously approved a resolution on Pyongyang`s December 2012 rocket launch and expanded sanctions on the country last week.
"We hope that all relevant parties will remain calm and restrained, as well as work to maintain peace and stability in northeast Asia," the Chinese official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata