China urges calm over Korean N-issue
Beijing: China Monday urged all relevant parties to remain calm and restrained regarding the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
"The Chinese side opposes any moves that may lead to the escalation of tensions and are inconducive to the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a press briefing.
He said China was greatly concerned regarding the current state of affairs on the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea has vowed to conduct more rocket launches and a higher-level nuclear test after the UN Security Council unanimously approved a resolution on Pyongyang`s December 2012 rocket launch and expanded sanctions on the country last week.
"We hope that all relevant parties will remain calm and restrained, as well as work to maintain peace and stability in northeast Asia," the Chinese official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital