China urges calm over Korean N-issue
Beijing: China Monday urged all relevant parties to remain calm and restrained regarding the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
"The Chinese side opposes any moves that may lead to the escalation of tensions and are inconducive to the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a press briefing.
He said China was greatly concerned regarding the current state of affairs on the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea has vowed to conduct more rocket launches and a higher-level nuclear test after the UN Security Council unanimously approved a resolution on Pyongyang`s December 2012 rocket launch and expanded sanctions on the country last week.
"We hope that all relevant parties will remain calm and restrained, as well as work to maintain peace and stability in northeast Asia," the Chinese official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers