China urges calm over Korean N-issue
Beijing: China Monday urged all relevant parties to remain calm and restrained regarding the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
"The Chinese side opposes any moves that may lead to the escalation of tensions and are inconducive to the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a press briefing.
He said China was greatly concerned regarding the current state of affairs on the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea has vowed to conduct more rocket launches and a higher-level nuclear test after the UN Security Council unanimously approved a resolution on Pyongyang`s December 2012 rocket launch and expanded sanctions on the country last week.
"We hope that all relevant parties will remain calm and restrained, as well as work to maintain peace and stability in northeast Asia," the Chinese official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog