China urges calm over Korean N-issue
Beijing: China Monday urged all relevant parties to remain calm and restrained regarding the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
"The Chinese side opposes any moves that may lead to the escalation of tensions and are inconducive to the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a press briefing.
He said China was greatly concerned regarding the current state of affairs on the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea has vowed to conduct more rocket launches and a higher-level nuclear test after the UN Security Council unanimously approved a resolution on Pyongyang`s December 2012 rocket launch and expanded sanctions on the country last week.
"We hope that all relevant parties will remain calm and restrained, as well as work to maintain peace and stability in northeast Asia," the Chinese official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh